- Instructor, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Miami, Summer 2019 “Climate Conversations: the Science, the Seriousness, the Solutions,” on the climate crisis and what we can do about it.
- Guest Lecturer, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Miami, “Climate Coversations: the Science, the Seriousness, the Solutions,” Coral Gables, FL, Mar 20, 2019 on coral and climate change.
- Harker Upper School, San Jose, CA Mar 8, 2019 on coral restoration, food and climate change, and ikigai.
- Guest Lecturer, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Miami, “Climate Coversations: the Science, the Seriousness, the Solutions,” Coral Gables, FL, Jan 30, 2019 on coral and climate change.
- FIU MIInds Institute, General Meeting, Miami, FL, Jan 23, 2019 on the importance of coral reefs and how to protect them.
- Ocean Studies Charter School, Coral Anatomy Workshop, Key Largo, FL, Oct 11, 2018 on the general anatomy of corals and why they matter.
- RiseUp Florida!, General Meeting, Coral Gables, FL, Mar 7, 2019 on coral restoration and coastal protection.
- Save-A-Turtle, General Meeting, Marathon, FL, Mar 4, 2019 on coral restoration and ecosystem protection.
- Girls Scout of America, Everglades Wet Walk and Waterflow Workshop, Everglades National Park, FL, Feb 16, 2019 on connected ecosystems of Lake Okeechobee, the Everglades, the Mangroves, the Seagrasses, and the Coral Reefs.
- Coral Restoration Foundation, Civic Engagement Workshop, Tavernier, FL, Feb 1, 2019 to prepare for Key West Sunscreen Ordinance hearings.
- Flamingo Flotilla, General Meeting, Homestead, FL, Jan 31, 2019 on coral restoration and coastal protection.
- Coral Restoration Foundation, Underwater Livestream Q&A and interview, Jules Undersea Lodge, Key Largo, FL, Nov 8, 2018 on coral restoration as a working solution to ecosystem loss.
- Key West City Commissioners Meeting, Key West, FL, Feb 5, 2019 in support of sunscreen ordinance banning oxybenzone and octinoxate.
- Meeting with assembly members, Sacramento, CA, Jul 26, 2018 in support of S.B. 1017 to phase out California swordfish fishery.
- CA Senate Committee on Appropriations, Sacramento, CA, May 14, 2018 in support of S.B. 1017 to phase out California swordfish fishery.
- Oceans Day Lobbying, Sacramento, CA, Feb 20, 2018 in support of ‘connect the cap’ ordinances, single-use plastic bans, sustainable fisheries, and equitable coastal land-use.
- Marin County Board of Supervisors Meeting, San Rafael, CA, Nov 14, 2017 in support of county purchase of golf course for restoration to riparian use.
Tiff & Sara - thank you so much for teaching this Climate course. Even though I was generally sympathetic to the climate problems faced by the world, you brought the extent of the problem home to me. I realize that sitting on the sidelines and giving a few bucks to environmental groups is not enough. I have resolved to become more active, including talking about your course with my family and friends. I also want you both to know that your presentations were thoughtful and thoroughly enjoyable. I looked forward to each class. You smartly included guest speakers who were interesting and actually working in the field. I was really disappointed when the class ended. You are performing a wonderful service.
Thank you for an eye-opening class on climate change and worldwide waste. It is heartening to find people as committed as you and your guest presenters are. I will still do my best to combat climate change incorporating many of your excellent ideas and I will join at least one group fighting climate change.
Tiffany and Sara – and all the fabulous presenters – I can’t thank you enough for an amazing class. I also want to thank all my classmates for being so engaged and making the climate conversations meaningful and personal. So what did I love? So many,many things. Here are a few: the skillful, efficient presentations providing us with facts, charts and illustrations. The terrific guest speakers, also so well prepared, who advised us on what is being done locally and how we can join in. The fact that the class flew by; it was so engaging I think we all could easily have stayed another hour. Excellent time management and program organization. I loved the contagious enthusiasm. I loved the class interaction. The size of the class was perfect. How can you improve? I think you nailed it! I would love for you to continue this class so that other OLLI members can share in your expertise and enthusiasm. This would be a great service to our community. What am I doing? I have joined Citizens Climate Lobby, attended my first meeting and have so far recruited three (non-OLLI) people. I am going to talk to my Sierra Club contact to discuss possible speaking programs. I have posted on Facebook.
Thank YOU Tiffany so very much for coming! We really enjoyed meeting you and your presentation was fabulous!
Tiffany as a board member with Save-A-Turtle of the Florida Keys and a very active volunteer with CRF, I want to thank you. I am in awe at the professionalism and the organization of CRF.
The Saturday program to the Girl Scounts reached 43 new people who ranged from 3 to 40ish. I had not expected such a huge and varied group. I could not have been more delighted with the program Kristin, Tiffany and Sara provided. Your intern team created an interactive, engaging game connecting the Everglades' ecological dots to coral restoration. They held the attention of this mixed group, conveyed the importance of hte reefs, and I think they inspired several of the older girls to consider a journey to Key Largo for more information. Their energy, creativity, and personal warmth added so much to Adventure Day.