Advocate | Storyteller | CHANGEMAKER
I always knew I had to fight for our planet. My work is interdisciplinary, inspired by my training in renewable energy law, my passion for the ocean, and my interest in people.
At base is a deep-seated belief that together, we can and must do better.
I have a decade of experience fighting for our planet. I spread awareness of climate and ocean crises through journalism and storytelling. I’ve honed her skills in the field with scientists, on the streets with organizers, in our legal system with businesses and policymakers, and in our classrooms with the next generation. I apply these diverse experiences to create powerful momentum around the pressing climate and environmental issues of our time.
My features are grounded in science, emphasize what we stand to lose, and encourage action. I feel privileged to be trusted with people’s stories and to shape environmental consciousness with my work.
My mission is to involve and inspire others to see our world in an entirely different way – and to want to save it.
I hold degrees from UCLA (international development) and University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School (climate, refugee, environmental law) and am a trained climate reality leader with Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project. I lecture at the University of Miami Osher Lifelong Learning Institute and writes for the Keys Weekly Newspaper group.
When I’m not campaigning for the planet, I can be found scuba diving the Florida Keys, out on expedition, or searching for the world’s best cheesy fries.
University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School
- Juris Doctor | Environmental, Climate Change, and Refugee Law | May 2010
- Senior Editor, Journal of International Law
University of California, Los Angeles
- Bachelor of Arts, International Development Studies, Italian | Aug 2006
- Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, UCLA Regent Scholarship
- Ocean Science Communication Scholarship | Field School | May 2021
- “Write to Change the World” Workshop | The Op-Ed Project | Oct 2020
- The Explorer’s Club | Jun 2019
- Leadership Corps Training | Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project | Oct 2017
- Licensed Attorney | State Bar of California | Nov 2010
- Law Fellow | UCLA School of Law | Dec 2006
- 2nd Place | NOAA 2020 “Get Into Your Sanctuary” Photo Contest | Nov 2020
- 1st Place | NOAA 2019 “Get Into Your Sanctuary” Photo Contest | Nov 2019
- Finalist | WorkingAbroad 20th Anniversary Photo Contest | Jun 2017
- ABA Diversity Fellow in Environmental Law | Center on Race, Poverty, & the Environment | Jun 2008
- PADI Divemaster (Pro #434398)
- NAUI Scientific Diver (CRF)
- PADI Drysuit Diver
- PADI Sidemount Diver
- PADI Underwater Maintenance
- CPR / First Aid / O2 / AED
- RECON Coral Diver